Facebook!

Facebook!
Facebook!

tp

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Acid Hound, Gruaiggorm. Climbing to TOP!

How good Acid Hound is ? Statistics will tell us....





PTP STATS
Player Info
Total played43
Total staked64
Player points67756.28
Staker points7466.58




PokerStars accountGruaiggorm
Full Tilt Poker accountAcid Hound

I do not owe any $ but ...rows are deleted :)

He was enthusiastic about the idea of our blog.  Delighted to tell us his poker story. Great player, structural engineer, and engineer of poker. 

Meet John Daly...


Acid Hound




My name is John Daly, Im a 26 year old. I finally completed my college education about 18 months ago graduating with a masters in structural engineering. I've been into poker for a long time and decided once I finished, I would play poker for a living until I got bored with it! I have a passion for all types of problem solving and game theory so to me, poker is fascinating and one of the toughest, most competitive games you can play.



PTP history ? 


I was referred to PTP by another player (I actually can't remember who!) at the tables about 6 years ago. It was the first community of poker players I was introduced to and the first time I realised its possible to make serious money through poker. With the help of many backers, I've been playing through the site since.


Favorite games, volume.... ??? 

I primarily grind the 18 man SNGs on pokerstars as they are a relatively low variance way to earn consistent money, playing around 2k games a month. I also grind MTTs as often as I can; they are by far my favourite game to play as they are very exciting and you can win many thousands of dollars in any one tournament.

Your poker dreams ? 

To be a successful MTT grinder year round and to make annual stops to the WSOP. Forgive the cliché but winning a bracelet would be a dream come true!
Climbing to TOP!


PTP and you..Relatinoship ?

PTP has defined many aspects of my poker playing. When I first joined the site, the community taught me bankroll management, tilt management and many other vital aspects when your starting out. When I started getting proficient at poker, I would never have been able to play bigger games without the financial backing of investors. Having feedback from the community through the strategy sections has been essential to my growth as a poker player. I've also found several coaches thanks to PTP. Andy guttormsen coached me in sngs many years ago and more recently, ILS007 coached me in MTTs. I'm currently in a long term coaching deal with Scaphism2 which is going great. In summation, Iv gotten to where I am in the poker world thanks to PTP; Its awesome!

Best players on PTP? 

No one can be definitively the best in poker, which makes the game that bit more alluring, but to name a few of the best these days; Scaphism2, Indariva, Danger0us, hosent roger, pizzicato_xev, pokerismygame7 and I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting 

Your bigest cash online/live? 

I think my biggest live cash is just over €2k. My biggest online score is a $16.50 turbo for $15k. Far and away the best day Iv ever had though was back in 2011 when I shipped the big $22 and second in the big $55 in the same evening for a combined $21.5k



What do your parents think about poker ? 

They are fairly divided on it, my father is proud of me and supports me as long as Im happy doing it. I think my mother is a little more concerned about it but she understands I'm a responsible person and is just delighted I finished my education first!

BAPs - You are pretty active..


Yeah, I run a number of BAPs consistently, pretty much all of my poker playing is backed. I run a monthly MTT BAP and a monthly 18 man BAP. I think iv ran in excess of 70 BAPs by now.


Message to new PTP members?



If you maintain a good reputation and respect your backers money, you can pretty much assure yourself lifetime backing. PTP is an opportunity and a privilege, it should be treated as such.



Author: Osuseni

No comments:

Post a Comment